Sunday, September 20, 2009

ten 'top' going abroad things

7 DAYS!! That's it?!





Soon to be my new home for three months ^^

1.) See all the things 'you're just suppossed to go to in London'. Ya, it's cliche, but even the most touristy things in London are going to be better than anything in the U-S-of A.

2.) Living in a huge city (byebye small-town!) , living in a flat (no dorm!), using public transit/walking everywhere (Eh, my extent of being eco-friendly) So what if I've never really done any of it? I'm psyched.

3.) Class. Shocking, but *crossing my fingers* they all should be ones I actually want to go to. Seeing theater productions in the city-for class? Hell yes.

4.) Pubs, bars, and clubs everyyyywhereee. So basically I get to turn 21 two months early =p Pub crawling is a must...turning into a beer girl has its upside. Bars that will NOT be filled with the local hunters and Harley riders. And can't forget the crazy clubs filled with London hotties!

5.) Travel all of England- At home, the countryside filled with cows and the occassional alpacas. England has castles and cliffs. Not hard to choose between the two.



6.) Oh and why not? Most countries are a short train or plane ride away (and cheap!) For sure, my passport will be get its use.

7.) Bringing home a London boy....or just make out with one.

8.) Go cliff-diving in Wales or bungee jumping from the Swiss Alps. The adreniline junkie in me is craving a thrill.

9.) The Food! Not that it is appealing, but what other country has a dish called spotted dick? But tea and scones? yummmyyyy!

10.) Live like a local! While it is study abroad, yeah, the school thing is a big part of it...but the next three months are going to be unbelievable :)











2 comments:

Anonymous said...

THIS is spotted dick (the food):
http://www.girlalive.com/food/013.html

Shipping food about ourselves = mucho illegal, but I think we should try to find some mail-order food co. and send greg & dan a basket of spotted dick. I feel they would appreciate it.

Alyssa said...

"Bringing home a London boy....or just make out with one."

Hahhhhahahahhaha!