Sunday, September 13, 2009

TWO WEEKS

LONDON CALLING!!






That's all. In 14 days I will be in Newark getting ready to take a plane to the place I've always wanted to live, LONDON! While that concept still seems impossible to get ahold of, I've realized I have only 14 days to get my life organized for three months in another country. Slightly freaking out here.
Case in point, #1.
PACKING. As the person who overpacks for everything, I'm f'd. Especially when my closet at home looks like a disaster and a half. Two 50lb bags and a carry-on. That is torture to a clothespurseshoe addict. Not to mention, I will probably be packing everything at midnight on the 26th...




#2- "Hi, how do I get to..." Clearly directions and navigation is not my strong point. I need a gps for practically anywhere. And, sad as it is, I've never read an actual city map correctly. But whatever, I figure it will be an adventure trying to navigate the Tube. Could be worse. I'm not going anywhere NEAR the driver's seat of a car.



#3-And honestly, the only other thing I'm having a slight break-down over is the moo-lah. Budgeting sucks...esp when I put traveling, shopping, going out, and booze money say, before food. Who needs food? pb+j and pasta is looking like my food pyramid for the next three months.




Next time...Top 10(ish) things I want to do abroad.












0 comments: